Eating apple seeds, peach seeds or cherry pits is controversial. Some people believe the seeds and pits are toxic because they contain a cyanide-producing chemical, while other people believe the seeds are therapeutic. Have you eaten apple seeds or cherry pits? Did you experience any effect from eating the seeds? Share your experience.
apple seeds and cherry pits not poisonou
- Out of laziness throughout my life, rather than spitting out the cherry pit, I just swallowed it. I am 57 now and healthy as a horse.
- —Guest Gayla
- It cures cancer lots of vit B17 the seed of apricots.I ate appleseeds all my life im 60yrs
- —Guest Linus
yes i eat apples
- sometimes i eat the seeds and spit out the apple.
- —Guest red fuji
apple seeds no problemo
- I grind through the whole apple like a garbage disposal. the only part i dont eat is the twig that sticks out the top..burp.. i am still alive; will keep you posted when i die.
- —Guest red fuji
Cherry Brandy, the wrong way
- Drinking home made cherry brandy in which whole cherries, including pips, were soaked in brandy and sugar for two years was a mistake. After two weeks of approx 1/3rd of a glass at bed time each night I developed acute headaches and high blood pressure. A strong overtone of almond flavour in the liqueur finally rang my alarm bells. Next year I'll remove the pips before making the liqueur.
- —Guest Dissily Mordentroge
- Yes, I eat apple seeds.
No, I have never had negative reacyions
- —Guest Jan van de Linde
- Love apples. Always have eaten some seeds since I was a child. Love chewing on them after the apple. Tasted delicious and gingery. I'm over 30 and still alive and completely healthy. Never felt any of the mentioned side effects thereafter. If they were really poisonous I would think you would probably have to eat more seeds than you could probably get ahold of to feel an affect or actually die form it.
Very sick as child from cherry pits
- When I was a young girl, around the age of a Brownie not yet a Girl Scout my family bought a big bag of cherries. That night my mom, dad, brother and I sat around the television and ate them all up. Middle of the night I vomited cherries until the early dawn and continued to vomit well after my stomach was clear. Dry heaving and very very high fever. My mother took me to the emergency room or doctor I don't remember exactly and I could not walk the loooong walk way into the hospital I kept falling down because I had no use of my legs. She did not believe me so I suffered and dragged myself into the building. It was horrible. All I remember next was suffering very hard in my bed unable to move or get up and my mom coming in and checking my fingernails every once in a while. I was so sick I think I was literally dying and I asked her if I was going to die and of course she said no but I still wonder maybe. Anyway I recovered. Make sure your kids NEVER swallow those pits !!!
- —Guest R. Sargent
- I bite the apple seed, remove the shell and eat the inside. I usually eat about an apple a day, and have my whole life without any problem. iI love the seeds and have been told mixed opinions about weather or not they're harmful
- —Guest hannabel
- I just opened the inside of a peach pit, and there was an almond like nut. I decided to try it and it tasted pretty good. I heard its poisonous but i doubt it.
- —Guest John Doe
- I ate a cherry pit and I was scard at first I started reading things on here and if it has to do with just vomiting then I'm ok but just saying my stomach really hurts so don't or never will eat one again and taste good at the same time
- —Guest idk
- As a child grew up on the farm eating a lot of cherries instead dessert or meal with pits ... (about 1or even 2 lb) love Cherries ...never had any issues or got sick from it..as well w apples ..I grew up that way even now I'm eating w pits.. ...
- —Guest Azra
Watermelon and Apple
- I have eaten watermelon and apple seeds all my life! They're delicious and are actually healthy * I asked my doctor when I started reading about it being unhealthy* As a nail biter I was trying to quit and I just chewed on seeds instead on nails!
- —Guest Alice
powerfood with selective toxicity
- therapeutic toxins?- Pit contents may create an intolerant environment for life destroying malevolent attackers such as cancer and its pathogens, ( viruses bacterium, prions, fungi, or protozoa) naturally to protect the seed while it grows to its fruition. But, For a very sick person to eat the seed might hurt or kill him or her trying to kill disease but a healthy person, non radiated seeds may help protect health. I have always eaten pits long before I knew it was considered poison as we had little food growing up and waste- out of the question. I always trust myself enough to not eat something that will kill me. Actually, what isn't poison if you eat too much of it? Just don't overdo it , or do it if you are really sick, as anything that can bust a tree out of a hard wood tiny shell must be powerful. I have high respect and am intrigued to no end at the power of a seed / pit.
- —Guest Denise
Just the inside of the pit!
- When I was 5 I was hungry and I used a stone to Crack open the cherry pits I found on the ground after the birds ate them. I was hungry often. I ate lots of them so many I went into a coma and my kidneys were bleeding. It almost killed me.
- —Guest Liz