From the article: How Quick-Dry Nail Polish Works
No one wants to wait around for nail polish to dry. There are lots of rumors of ways to get polish to dry more quickly, but which actually work? Share your best quick-drying nail polish tip or read ideas submitted by other readers. Share Your Tips
- put your hands in ice water. it makes your nails dry faster
- —Guest crap
- Use ice and water works really well they will be dry before you know it
- —Guest Kiley
"quick dry" treatments ≠ faster drying
- This is insane! Oil sprays and quick drying treatments do not actually make your polish dry faster. They do, however, reduce the likelihood that you're going to ding-up/smudge your polish while it's drying, by forming a slick surface on top. Quick-dry topcoats are similar; they don't dry the polish underneath, but they do harden on top of it. If you're not careful, you can end up scraping your polish right off if the under-layers are still tacky when you reach into your bag for your phone. It still makes sense to use the above methods when you're trying to preserve a brand-new manicure. It's also important to understand how they work so you can achieve the best results!
- —Guest Kate
Nail drying tips
- I was in a hurry and was about ready to just remove my polish. But to my surprise the cooking spray totally worked for me. My nails were dry almost immediately. Makes me wonder about the chemicals in the cooking spray though!
- —Guest Pat
- So what I do all the time is I add a little bit of nail polish remover to the nail polish and mix it really good. You can add it to your colors and/or your top clear coat. The alcohol in the remover makes the polish dry much faster than ice water or a hair dryer. It also turned that old gloopy polish back to normal!
- —Guest anom
Ice and water
- Dip your fingers inside a cup with cold water and ice and your nails ddry up (:
- —Guest Tania
- a hair dryer on medium setting it heats it or try sticking your hand in a freezer my seem crazy but it works
- —Guest savvy monkey
- Do not use heat. All it does is melt the Polish! Most definatly use ice cold water!!!! Dries 'em I a heart beat!!
- —Guest jazmyne
Nail fast dry
- U can put on ur polish and then hold it in front of the sun or a heater and it'll be dry before u no it
- —Guest Hemali styles
drying nail polish faster
- use quick drying drops!!!! thin coats and 1-2 drops per nail(:
- —Guest Bella
Heat works really well
- Well my boyfriend gakupo just out of nowhere used a blowdryer on my nails and they dried asap.
- —Guest Kaito
- Nothing works better then sit down and wait then the blow dryer helps to
- —Guest tatyani
- Buy quick dry spray next time and try quick dry polish
- —Guest Sannystac07
Less is More
- Thin coats dry fast. Try doing multiple thin coats instead of one or two thick gloppy coats. Trust me, it works wonders.
- —Guest Ilty_909
- Ice cold water or Pam spray works really well. Also using a fan works
- —Guest Blah
1-15 of 26Next