From the article: What Materials Glow Under a Black or Ultraviolet Light?
Have you ever noticed a lot of common materials glow in the dark under a black light or ultraviolet light. What things have you seen glow in the dark? Offer your idea or read about glowing materials observed by other readers. Share Your Idea
- brand new white wash cloths have a dye that when dipped in hot water you can rub on things and it glows a ghostly pale white/blue under black lights but is completely invisible in standard lights.
- —Guest Airth
- if you get a fish at the store, and u put a ultraviolet light on it, it glows!!!!!! a nice science fair project!
- —Guest isis
- Get a banana with brown spots and around them it's a white circle.
- —Guest Corey
highlighter and water
- put some neon highlighter juice inside of water and shake and it will glow under blacklight
- —Guest ciy
ill add more soon
- the glowstic stuff even if it doesent work anymore. Ps i just found out my little brother ate some and his mouth glowed so much affterwards. anything white glows.
- —Guest Bogdan S
- i have noticed glow in the dark objects tend to be "super charged" under uv light.
- —Guest nillbyethescienceguy
- Blood glows under a black light. I just learned that at school recently
- —Guest Layette L.
- Cup noodles glow under a blacklight. Kind of unappetizing
- —Guest Ross Ulbricht
white dress shirts
- Years ago you could buy white dress shirts that were nearly indestructable. They were made out of some artificial fabric that glowed under UV light.
- —Guest Len in PA
- Clorophyll glows red under a blacklight. Since spinach is full of clorophyll, it turns blood red when you shine a blacklight on it.
- —Guest Carter
glowing nail polish
- if you use white nail polish and make little dots(best with the manicure pen), because they are cute, it glows in the black light like white socks would and stays on till you rub it after sweating
- —Guest polish
- i turned it on and my shoestrings glowed up different
- —Guest phillip
- We used liquid detergent in college to "paint" on the walls... It glows under black light and is invisible the rest of the time!
- —Guest Wahiawa
- socks glow under a blacklight actually pretty much anything white will glow under a blacklight
- —Guest chase
other glowing animals
- nightcrawlers have little white specs on their sides and sometimes bellies. and some bug larva also glows!
- —Guest info wiz
1-15 of 34Next