From the article: How To Remove Super Glue
Super Glue is an amazing adhesive. It's so amazing that it's easy to accidentally glue something you didn't want glued! Have you ever accidentally Super Glued something by accident or even meant to glue it and then regretted it? What did you end up doing to fix the problem? Share your story... Share Your Story
Going crazy, glued my teeth
- About 6 months ago I did the worst thing I've ever done to my body I super glued my teeth nothing actually Happened or I didn't really notice but the last month I started with the little peeling and now I noticed that my 80 percent of my teeth covered in a layer of glu.I have never experienced anything like thi s in my life is hell and is
- —Guest super tethed
how to remove superglue from other stuf
- Usually you should apply acetone to a cotton ball and apply to the doorknob areas where they are glued. Then wait a bit. The acetone should seep through the closed spaces and remove it so you can pop it off.
- —Guest Alison
Super glue issue
- I used a super glue type product to glue the temp control knob in my car that came off. Now the knob won't turn at all. How can I pop the knob off, even though it has been superglued?
- —Guest Jeff Franklin
Carpet vs Hardwood
- Our 3 year old daughter glued our pet cat's paws to the carpet so that he would stay! Thank goodness it simply took a few snips of the scissors to free Smokey.
- —Guest She's2cute
- literally half an hour ago i was super gluing together my broken binder and the glue was being stubborn, so i squeezed a little harder and half of the tube came out and instantly dried -- on my pants. it soaked through and stuck to my leg, so i'm now trying to do the whole mayonnaise thing because i have mayo. hope it works. :(
- —Guest juantacos
- Attemting to glue on falsies. All going well putthe glue on the then I went to put in on my finger but I had glued it to my fingers from holding it wrong then pulled it off. Glue went all over my face. Scared me half to death. Hurt so much
- —Guest noname
- I hate super glue never used itbut im scared so I wearfull protection lol
- —Guest lol
superglued my eye
- In a college art class I couldn't get the superglue out of the tube so squeezed it real hard and it shot up into my eye. I pried my eye until it opened up again and work at getting the glue of the skin and lashes. It was hard though because it was also caked all over my fingers. Luckily I think I must have blinked my eyes just as it hit my eye because it seemed to only be on the outside. I ripped some eyelashes out and had to wait and work at the glue for it all to come off. But after that experience, I feel pretty stupid, who gets superglue in their eye in college?
- —Guest johannanow
Mayonnaise NOT Acetone
- I glued 3 fingers with Super Glue ! Soak fingers in a bowl of mayonnaise for 20 minutes and the glue will crystalize and crumble off. No fuss, no muss... no acetone !
- —Guest Papa J
- I JUST GOT SOME SUPERGLUE ON MY FINGER (DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS ON THERE). ANYWAY, PUT MY FINGER NEXT TO MY NOSE, AND. OF COURSE IT LANDED ON MY FACE WHICH WE ALL KNOW IT DRIED QUICKLY. YOU KNOW WHAT I GOT IT OFF WITH?? I PUT SOME SIMPLE VASELINE ON IT AND LET IT SIT FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES THEN I RUBBED IT BRISKLY AND IT CAME RIGHT OFF! THAT'S MY "INVENTION" FOR THE DAY!
- —Guest JC
Super Glue- Prevention to get smeared
- Prevention to get smeared by Super glue is better than for the exercises for removal. Apply generously any edible oil(cooking oil) -groundnut/peanut/sunflower/soybean whatever is available on both of you hands and wait for a few minutes. Wipe of you hands with waste cotton/cloth/tissue paper. use safety goggle/zero glass to protect your eyes. Super glue will not stubbornly act on your skin. You can wash off your hand with any soap and warm water.
- —Guest D.K.Sarkar
Never Using Super Glue Again
- I squirted super glued my eye years back when I was trying to fix a split in a manicured finger nail . The glue wouldn't come out of the tube (it was like a toothpaste tube), soI gave the tube a good squeeze. The came squirting out the back, crimped end and into one of my eyes and under it. It stung and my first thought was "will I be blinded?". Luckily, my tearing eye cleared away the glue that was on my eye ball, but I could not get the glue from the skin under my eye without very gently using nail polish remover and a cotton swab multiple times over a couple of days and it looked like I had a wrinkled rash under the eye until I get the last of it off.
The things we do for beauty...
- Yes, I'll admit it. I did Super Glue my eyeball. Actually, it was the cyanoacrylate glue that comes with single false eyelashes. My aim was not so great and I stuck an eyelash to my eyeball. I know, it sounds horrible, but it wasn't so bad. The glue did sting a little, but it loosened on its own in a couple of minutes. I wouldn't recommend it though.