From the article: What Is Muriatic Acid?
Muriatic acid is another name for hydrochloric acid, which is one of the strong acids. Do you use muriatic acid or dilute hydrochloric acid as a household chemical? If so, what uses do you have for it? Share Your Idea
- No... Acid will do nothing to control algae in pools. It is used for controlling ph and alkalinity
- —Guest BT
solution of dotted tiles when HCL used
- please give solution of tiles.as i have already used HCL on the tiles and it become whitest colour i again want the natural colour of tiles and its shine.what can i do iam in trouble and my whole tiles is whitest
- —Guest Rinky
- I used muriatic acid in my power washer to clean concret and then put the power washer in my brand new car. I guess because I stored it in my shed the tanks caps must have swelled from the heat n it spilled in my trunk and now I have tried different things including baking soda but to no avail. please tell me if there's something I can use to get rid of the odor thanks
- —Guest Paul Dello Stritto
- Pour about a cup of Muratic Acid into a Fire ant hill. I make a small opening in the top of the mound. If it large and has several Queen's you may have to do it again.
- —Guest GeoCar
- it is commonly in my country as a toilet cleaner, especially to remove yellow residues off. And I have used it to remove rust off a ceramic surface. But you should be careful, because mixing it with chlorine would produce a great bleaching effect and a perfect killer gas!!!!
- —Guest Hosam Ddeen
- I've used 22 deg. Baume (35% HCl) muriatic acid to clean oxidation and corrosion off of old brass blowtorches, then shine up the brass and stain and laquer the wood handles for a really nice-looking antique. Be sure to use rubber gloves and safety glasses, though--it's nasty stuff. Also, use it only outdoors, with a hose handy in case of spill.
- —Guest JohnB
- will muriatic acid remove galvanized coating from pipe?
- —Guest mark a mumm
- muriatic acid is used on new concrete by professionals (or just somebody who knows what their doing) on new exposed aggregate concrete to neutralize the lye producing a darker color of the portland cement to make it more visually attractive.
- —Guest qwertyuiopasdfg
- I have been told use it for my Above ground pool to keep Algie down! True or Not?
- —Guest Tj
stainless steel sinks
- drain cleaner with a base of HCL works great for polishing stainless steel sinks. use with care,rubber gloves, try not to breath fumes!
- Will muratic acid unclog bathroom sink drain safely?
- —Guest dc
- Aluminum pontoons on pontoon boats accumulate Algea, zebra mussels, etc and become badly fouled in one or two seasons. Low Odor Muriatic Acid cleans em up very well. Apply with pump up garden sprayer (all plastic) and wash off after 5 - 10 minutes with water or pressure washer. Very expensive cleaners are sold for this same purpose and do not work any better. A light breeze is good to keep the fumes away. You dont want to breath them.
- —Guest Edward N
Cleaning use of muriatic acid
- Can Hydrochloric acid clean surfaces of ceramic tiles without discoloring the tile surface?
- —Guest Akin
Encrustations on old coins-
- I collect and restore ancient coins (bronze, copper, brass). Sometimes when I obtain these from find sites (i.e., Israel), with heavy deposits on them. Muriatic acid removes the deposits from the coin, without destroying or damaging the metal surfaces underneath. Soaking the coins in 25% solution to water (type of acid found in pool supply stores), works fine.
- There are many uses for hydrocloric acid. High concentrations of this substance can be fatal if ingested. This chemical should be handled with extreme care and kept away from children. Hydrocloric acid is useful or many cleaning situations and can be used to dissolve many things. Dilution seems to be the safest way to make this substance applicable to many application, such as work in the lab or household chores. Always handle with extreme care!
- —Guest Chemist
1-15 of 25Next