- You can find ammonium bicarbonate at many major supermarkets, usually in small glass jars near the baking soda.
- —Guest chemguy
Food Grade Lime
- Food Grade Lime (which I use in pickling) is available in supermarkets and drug stores as calcium pills. The pills contain calcium carbonate and can be crushed in a mortar to be dissolved in water.
- Calcium chloride is Damp Rid, found in the grocery store cleaning aisle or Walmart in larger sizes.
- Sodium silicate can be ordered through Walmart pharmacy. It is also found in the auto section called Stop Leak for leaky radiators. There are impurities in the bottom so you have to either pour the good stuff off the top or filter it.
- Hydrochloric Acid listed as Muratic at pool supply stores.
- —Guest email@example.com
- Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid is sold under various names as the tetrasodium salt. It is in crystalline granular form for purpose of chelating iron and copper from swimming pool water. Most pool supply retailers have it. It is quite alkaline in aqueous solution.
- environmentally friendly (green) fishing line sinkers. Sports' Academy has them
- Spectracide Stump Remover is potassium nitrate. I have found this in the garden supply section, usually near the garden insecticides.
methyl alcohol or methanol
- Heet gas-line antifreeze and water remover, which is sold as an automotive supply, is essentially pure methyl alcohol or methanol.