Chemistry is the study of both matter and energy. Once you learn to balance the atoms and charge in a chemical reaction, you can examine the energy of the reaction as well. Energy in a chemical reaction often is lost as heat.
Learn the Concepts
- Laws of Thermochemistry
- Standard State Conditions
- Coffee Cup & Bomb Calorimetry
- Endothermic & Exothermic Reactions
- Endothermic Reaction Examples
- What Is Absolute Zero?
Do Chemistry Yourself
- Perform a Safe Endothermic Reaction
- Perform a Safe Exothermic Reaction
- Perform a Very Cold Endothermic Reaction
- Make Hot Ice