The atoms in a molecule or compound are attracted and repelled with respect to each other in ways that determine the types of bonds they can form.
Learn the ConceptsLearn about the different types of chemical bonds, how to predict the formula of compounds and how to name ionic and molecular compounds.
- Types of Chemical Bonds
- Difference Between Ionic and Covalent Bonds
- Properties of Ionic Compounds
- Properties of Covalent or Molecular Compounds
- Structure of Matter
- Types of Bonds Formed by Carbon
- Video - Ionic Versus Covalent Bond
- Naming Ionic and Molecular Compounds
- Electronegativity and Chemical Bonding
- Electrostatic Forces Definition
- Van der Waals Forces Definition
Examples of Bond TypesThese are examples of compounds with ionic bonds, covalent bonds and both types of bonds.