Science Date Ideas
- Play a sport that involves science. Okay, so there is science in all sports, but bowling, billiards, and darts allow you to gauge momentum and consider trajectories and all that fun math stuff. Ice skating involves friction and angular momentum and possibly some experience with the effects of gravity.
- Play a science-y board game together. My personal favorites are Nuclear War and its add-on, Nuclear Annihilation. Risk and chess are other great choices.
- Visit a museum, zoo, or planetarium, or catch a laser light show.
- Experiment with cryogenic materials together. Dipping flowers in liquid nitrogen is romantic, right? Pretty much anything involving liquid nitrogen or dry ice is fair game. If that sounds dangerous, you could always enjoy Dippin' Dots (dry ice temperature) ice cream together.
- Play with fire. You knew this would be on my list somewhere, right? Light off fireworks together or make your own. Make s'mores, but see if either or both of you can start the fire from scratch.