More Science Fair Project Ideas
Introduction to 12th Grade Science Fair Projects
12th grade science fair projects can be interesting and even groundbreaking. 12th graders should identify a project idea on their own and can conduct the science fair project and report on it without much assistance. Most 12th grade science fair projects will involve proposing a hypothesis and testing it with an experiment. Advanced models and inventions offer other options for a successful 12th grade project.
12th Grade Science Fair Project Ideas
- What is the best way to keep the fizz in an opened carbonated soft drink?
- Find and test a non-toxic antifreeze.
- Study the toxicity of energy drinks.
- Measure the toxicity of silver-mercury amalgam fillings.
- Determine which type of invisible ink is the most invisible.
- Measure crystal growth rate as a function of temperature.
- Which pesticide is most effective against cockroaches? ants? fleas? Is it the same chemical? Which pesticide is safest for use around food? Which is friendliest to the environment?
- Test products for impurities. For example, you could compare the amount of lead in different brands of bottled water. If a label says a product does not contain a heavy metal, is the label accurate? Do you see any evidence of leaching of hazardous chemicals from plastic into water over time?
- Which sunless tanning product produces the most realistic-looking tan?
- Which brand of disposable contact lenses last the longest before a person decides to switch them out?
- Formulate a non-toxic or biodegradable ink.
- Test the efficiency of different shapes of fan blades.
- Can bath water be used for watering plants or the garden?
- Can you tell how much biodiversity is in a water sample by how murky the water is?
- Study the effect of landscaping on a building's energy consumption.
- Determine whether ethanol really does burn more cleanly than gasoline.
- Is there a correlation between attendance and GPA? Is there a correlation between how close to the front of the classroom a student sits and GPA?
- Compare the wet strength of different brands of paper towels.
- Which method of cooking destroys the most bacteria?
- Are hybrid cars really more energy efficient than gas or diesel-powered cars?
- Which disinfectant kills the most bacteria? Which disinfectant is safest to use?