Get ideas for 6th grade science fair projects. These are topics and experiments suitable for upper grade school or entry level into middle school.
- What types of fruits or vegetables are suitable for making a battery?
- What exactly does a vacuum cleaner pick up? Use a magnifying glass or microscope to look at the contents of a bag or canister.
- Does coloring carbonated water change how its taste is perceived?
- How long does it take for milk to go "bad" refrigerated and unrefrigerated?
- Do all crayons have the same melting points? Why or why not?
- Do different types of carbonated sodas have different pH?
- Can you tell different brands of soda pop apart based on taste?
- Do some plants grow better inside than outside?
- Which type of water contains the lowest amount of chlorine?
- What type of insulation holds in heat the best?
- Do different types of knots affect the breaking strength of a rope?
- Does wiping a doorknob with an antibacterial wipe really reduce the numbers of bacteria? Does using hand sanitizer really reduce the amount of bacteria on your hands?
- How do different flame retardants affect the flammability and burning rate of cotton?
- Which cooking method results in the least loss of vitamin C?
- Does temperature affect the maximum size you can inflate a balloon?
- Do the color of a crayon affect how long of a line it will write?
- Does changing the temperature affect how long a pen will last?
- Do all types of bread mold at the same rate?
Stay up to date on the latest chemistry news, learn chemistry, and get instructions for chemistry projects. Sign up for our free newsletter today!