The Bottom Line
Insta-Snow is fake snow. You add water to a non-toxic powder made from a polymer, which instantly swells up to make what looks very much like snow. If you chill the Insta-Snow it's the next best thing to real snow, though it doesn't melt and I wouldn't recommend throwing it in the air to catch snowflakes of it on your tongue. However, Insta-Snow is a lot of fun and easy to make.
- doesn't require winter
- very easy to make
- surprisingly easy to clean up
- looks very much like real snow
- not cold unless you chill it
- can't really make a good snowball out of it
- Insta-Snow expands to 100 times its original volume. You make it by mixing 1 teaspoon of snow powder with 2 ounces of water.
- Once hydrated, the snow is good for a couple of days. You can rehydrate it or store it to make again later.
- Insta-Snow does not stain surfaces, but it shouldn't be placed on untreated wood.
- You can use the snow outside. It's the same chemical used in gardens to help soil retain moisture.
Guide Review - Insta-Snow Review
I got Insta-Snow for my kids, ages 9-14. They figured out the instructions easily without any assistance from me and soon there was instant snow everywhere. The 'snow' feels very interesting. It is damp, but soft and fluffy and not cold. If you add a few drops of food coloring you can make colored snow. Insta-Snow looks much like real snow, though it does not melt. In fact, it lasts practically forever. If fake snow dries out, all you have to do to recharge it is spritz it with some water.