Test your comprehension of this periodic table lesson by seeing if you can answer the following questions:
- The modern periodic table isn't the only way to categorize the elements. What are some other ways you could list and organize the elements?
- List the properties of the metals, metalloids, and nonmetals. Name an example of each type of element.
- Where in their group would you expect to find elements with the largest atoms? (top, center, bottom)
- Compare and contrast the halogens and noble gases.
- What properties can you use to tell the alkali, alkaline earth, and transition metals apart?