Many commercial face paints contain chemicals you don't want, such as heavy metals or allergens. Here is a recipe for a homemade white face paint you can make that uses natural, non-toxic ingredients.
White Face Paint Materials
You only need a few common household materials to make your own white face paint.
- 2 tablespoons solid white shortening
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white flour
- 3-5 drops glycerin
Make the Face Paint
- Mix the cornstarch and flour together.
- Use a fork to blend in the shortening.
- Slowly mix in the glycerin until you have a creamy mixture.
- You can use this white face paint as it is or you can mix in a few drops of fruit juice or food coloring to attain any color you need. Be aware, adding colorings may result in tha product which could stain your skin.
- Apply the face paint with a paintbrush or sponge, taking care to avoid getting it in the eyes.
- To remove this face paint, first use a tissue to remove as much face paint as possible. Then wash the face with soap and warm water.