Use common kitchen ingredients to make non-toxic fake flesh or organs for Halloween or other parties.
Fake Flesh Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2-5 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa mix (with marshsmallows is fine)
Make the Fake Flesh or Organs
- Mix together the corn starch, food coloring and water.
- After you have a smooth consistency, mix in the cocoa powder. It's okay if the cocoa forms little clumps (they look like blood clots).
- Use your fingers to press the mixture against the side of a bowl for form organ shapes. If you use your hands, you'll get crumbly edges, so a mold (the bowl) is best for a smooth effect. You may wish to mix in a little more corn starch or cocoa mix to firm up or darken your organs.
Gruesome Tips and Tricks
You can mix in tiny bits of gelatin if you want a fatty appearance. Drizzle fake blood
over the flesh, as desired. You can stick flesh/organs onto objects or flesh using syrup or corn starch. It actually tastes decent, if you feel the need to eat it for 'effect'.
Fake Flesh Variations
If you microwave this recipe, you'll get a rubbery flesh that won't fall apart when you put it in water. If you want a more flavorful flesh, use unsweetened cherry or berry drink mix instead of food coloring and cocoa.