- Hydrocarbons - molecules that only contain the elements carbon and hydrogen (e.g., CH4 is a hydrocarbon while CO2 is not)
- Organic - refers to the chemistry of living things, all of which contain the element carbon
- Organic Chemistry - study of the chemistry of carbon compounds involved in life (so, studying diamond, which is a crystalline form of carbon, isn't included in organic chemistry, but studying how methane is produced is covered by organic chemistry)
- Organic Molecules - molecules that have carbon atoms linked together in a straight line (carbon chain) or in a circular ring (carbon ring)
- Polymer - hydrocarbons which have chained together
Review the properties of matter...