You could eat a regular candle, but it's not really edible! However, the candle used in this trick is made from food.
For this science magic trick, you light a candle, blow out the flame and then eat the candle. It's safe, fun and even nutritious!
- pecan nut
- candle stick or candle holder with wax drippings
- match or lighter
Set Up The Trick
- Cut a banana so that it resembles a small candle. You want a "candle" that you can eat in one or two bites.
- Set your banana-candle on a candle stick or holder. If the candle stick has white wax drippings, this will add realism to the trick.
- Cut the pecan into a wick shape and set it into the top of the banana.
- When you are ready to do the trick, light the pecan, just like an ordinary candle wick. Blow out the flame and eat the candle.
How It Works
Pecans, as well as other nuts, are high in oils. The nut can be lit like a candle wick and will burn for several minutes.