Here are some tips for lighting your fireworks without blowing yourself up or setting your self, yard, or neighbors on fire.
- Read any and all instructions.
- Have a bucket of water or garden hose ready in case of accidents.
- Inspect the area for potentially flammable objects, like dry grass, leaves, buildings, etc.
- Only light fireworks on a level surface.
- Make sure spectators are out of range. Be sure pets and children can't get at your display.
- If you light a firework and it doesn't go off, don't try to relight it.
- It is a good idea to extinguish used fireworks in water.
- Don't light fireworks while under the influence of alcohol.
- Light fireworks one at a time. Wait until a firework is fully extinguished before lighting the next one.