Are you in a hurry for your ice cream? Try this quick and easy dry ice ice cream recipe. The ice cream comes out carbonated, so it's very interesting.
Dry Ice Ice Cream Ingredients
- dry ice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Make Dry Ice Ice Cream
- First you need to crush the dry ice. Do this by placing your dry ice in a paper bag and either smash it with a mallet or hammer or roll over the bag using a rolling pin.
- Mix all of the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl. If you want chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream, add 1 cup of chocolate syrup.
- Shake the dry ice into the ice cream, a little at a time, mixing between additions.
- As you add more dry ice, it will start to harden and will get more difficult to mix. Continue adding dry ice until the ice cream has reached the desired consistency.
- Feel free to stir in flavorings or candy pieces.
- The ice cream may be very cold! Use care when eating it to avoid frostbite. If the ice cream is soft enough to stir or scoop it should be warm enough to eat safely.
- You can freeze leftover ice cream to eat later.