Here's how to perform the burning money demonstration:
- Prepare the alcohol and water solution. You can mix 50 ml of water with 50 ml of 95-100% alcohol.
- Add a pinch salt or other colorant to the alcohol/water solution, to help produce a visible flame.
- Soak a dollar bill in the alcohol/water solution so that it is thoroughly wet.
- Use tongs to pick up the bill. Allow any excess liquid to drain. Move the damp bill away from the alcohol-water solution.
- Light the bill on fire and allow it to burn until the flame goes out.