It's very easy to make blue fire. Here are a few of the ways you can make blue fire yourself.
Natural Blue Fire
The easiest way to make blue fire is to burn a chemical that naturally produces a blue flame. Most types of alcohol burn as blue fire, such as ethanol, methanol, and isopropyl alcohol. Natural gas also burns with a blue flame.
- ethanol (e.g., rum, vodka)
- methanol (wood alcohol, Heet fuel treatment)
- isoproyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol)
- natural gas
Easy Method of Making Blue Fire
Several metal salts burn with a blue flame, such as certain copper, arsenic
, and lead compounds. Antimony and lead are toxic, but you can use copper(I) chloride to produce blue fire.
- Add a small amount of water to copper(I) chloride to dissolve the salt. If you cannot find copper(I) chloride, it is possible to make this chemical yourself. Copper(II) chloride is more widely available, but it will burn with a blue-green flame.
- Soak a flammable material with the copper chloride solution. Good choices include sawdust or pinecones.
- Allow the material to dry. When you light it or add it to a normal fire you will get blue fire.