- I will behave responsibly in the chemistry lab. Pranks, running around, pushing others, distracting others and horseplay may result in accidents in the lab.
- I will perform only the experiments authorized by my instructor. It can be dangerous to make up your own experiments. Also, performing additional experiments may take resources away from other students.
- I will not eat food or drink beverages in the lab.
- I will dress appropriately for chemistry lab. Tie back long hair so it can't fall into flames or chemicals, wear closed-toe shoes (no sandals or flip-flops), and avoid dangling jewelry or clothing that could pose a hazard.
- I will learn where the lab safety equipment is located and how to use it.
- I will notify my instructor immediately if I am injured in the lab or splashed by a chemical, even if no injury is apparent.
Student Signature ________________________________________
Parent or Guardian: have reviewed these safety rules and agree to support my child and the teacher in creating and maintaining a safe lab environment.
Parent or Guardian Signature ___________________________________