Mentos & Soda Materials
- roll of Mentos™ candies (any flavor)
- 2-liter bottle of soda (diet soda is less sticky; diet cola seems to produce the best fountain)
- index card or sheet of paper
- This science project results in a jet of soda up to 20-feet in the air, so it's best if you set up outdoors.
- Roll a piece of cardboard or paper into a tube. Drop the roll of candies into this tube. In this photo, we used a sheet cardboard from the back of an old notebook. Use your finger to keep the candies from falling out.
- Open the bottle of soda and get ready...