Wave tanks use liquids with two different densities that won't mix together. Here's an easy, non-toxic method.
Time Required: Minutes
- Add water, oil, and food coloring to a clear container.
- While this works well in a bottle, consider using an aquarium or plexiglass tank with a windshield wiper motor to get real wave action.
- I'm told that windshield wiper motors are available from American Science Surplus, JerryCo, or JC Whitney.
- Other liquids will work equally well or better. Choose liquids with different densities that won't mix.
What You Need:
- Oil (vegetable oil, baby oil, etc.)
- Food Coloring
- Clear Container