Use your chemistry to make a fizzy, scented bath bomb (bath ball). Make them for yourself or give them as gifts!
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Mix all dry ingrdients (citric acid, cornstarch, baking soda) in the bowl.
- In a different bowl or a small cup, mix the vegetable oil, fragrance, and coloring together.
- Slowly incorporate the oil mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Place 1" balls of the mixture on waxed paper. They will be semi-hard within 2-3 hours, but allow 24-48 for them to fully dry before storing them.
- Store bath balls in a sealed container, away from moisture.
- Add a few to the bath and enjoy! For gift giving, the balls may be placed in individual candy cups.
- Either fragrance and/or coloring is optional.
- Suggested vegetable oils include coconut oil, avocado oil, apricot kernel oil, sweet almond oil, or olive oil, although any emollient oil is good!
- Use small molds to make three-dimensional fizzy bath shapes.
What You Need:
- 2 T citric acid
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1/4 C baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fragrance oil
- 3-6 drops food color
- 3 T vegetable oil
- Mixing Bowl
- Waxed Paper
- Small Cup or Bowl