This is a gooey, gross variation of the traditional slime recipe, great for Halloween and other occasions requiring snot.
Time Required: A Few Minutes
- Stir 1/8 cup borax into 500 ml warm water. It's okay if some borax remains undissolved. Allow solution to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate container, stir 2 spoonfuls of glue into 3 spoonfuls of water. White glue will give you opaque snot (more booger than snot); glue gel will produce you translucent slimy snot.
- Stir a couple of drops of food coloring into the glue mixture.
- Add a spoonful of the borax solution to the glue mixture. Stir (if in a bowl) or squish (if in a baggie).
- Have fun with your snot!
- Elmer's glue is a non-toxic, water-based white glue or a non-toxic blue or clear gel. Another brand may be substituted.
- A little yellow food coloring could be added for that extra sickly touch.
- Don't eat or inhale the snot. Borax isn't particularly toxic, but isn't good for you either.
- Borax is found in the household cleaner or laundry section of the store. It's commonly used as a detergent booster.
- Wash your hands after playing with your snot.
What You Need:
- Borax Powder
- Elmer's Glue
- Food Coloring
- Measuring Cups
- Baggies or Bowls