Making a simulant is a form of chemistry, right? Here are instructions for making your own edible fake barf. Ick!
Time Required: A Few Hours
- Heat 1/4 cup of applesauce in the frying pan over low to medium heat.
- Stir in 1 packet of unflavored gelatin.
- Add a pinch or two of cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle oatmeal over the mixture into an aesthetically-pleasing chunky pattern. You can stir it in a bit, but don't mix too much.
- Repeat the oatmeal procedure with some raisin bran cereal.
- Spread the barf mixture onto a plate so that it resembles vomit, adding extra raisins or cereal bits, as desired.
- Allow the barf to cool completely (couple of hours). Remove it from the plate with a spatula.
- Have fun!
- You may wish to spray your plate with nonstick cooking spray to keep the vomit from sticking.
- Adult supervision is recommended.
- Please let me know if you come up with alterations to this recipe that make it even more realistic.
What You Need
- 1 pkg unflavored gelatin
- powdered cocoa
- raisin bran cereal
- frying pan
- kitchen utensils