This recipe makes cool, non-toxic slime that appears to have a life of its own!
Time Required: 30 minutes
- Mix the cornstarch and vegetable oil together in the glass.
- Refrigerate the slime mixture until it is chilled.
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir (separation is normal).
- Allow the mixture to warm enough so that it can flow.
- Take a block of styrofoam and charge it by rubbing it on hair, wool, or a cat.
- Tip the container of slime (which should flow slowly). Place the charged styrofoam about an inch (2 cm) from the flowing slime. It should stop flowing and seem to gel!
- If you wiggle the charged styrofoam the slime may follow or pieces of it may even break off.
- When the styrofoam is removed the slime will continue to flow.
- After use, refrigerate slime in a sealed container.
- For metric users: 175 mL cornstarch, 475 mL oil, approximately 25x150x150mm block of styrofoam
What You Need:
- 3/4 c cornstarch
- 2 c vegetable oil
- glass or tumbler
- 1x6x6 inch styrofoam