This is a recipe for making scented, colored bath salts.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Mix salts together in a bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Generally a drop of two of fragrance is sufficient. Use ingredients containing water with care (color, certain fragrances), since too much water will dissolve salt.
- Spoon salts into the jars and seal them. Decorative labels listing ingredients are nice!
- Make certain jars are absolutely dry. Salts absorb moisture, so this project will work better in low humidity.
- Kitchen fragrances work well. Try extracts of vanilla, lemon, orange, cinnamon, or mint.
- Not all essential oils are appropriate for bathing! Suggestions to try include lavendar, rose geranium, rosemary, or jojoba.
- Colors or fragrances may be omitted, if desired, for persons with chemical sensitivities.
- Some essential oils are naturally colored (e.g., chamomile is blue).
What You Need
- 2 C Epsom Salts
- 1 C Sea Salt or Rock Salt
- 1/4 tsp Glycerine
- Food Colors
- Essential Oils or Perfume
- Jars with Lids/Stoppers