1. Education

Anne Marie Helmenstine, Ph.D.

How Much Water Is in the Human Body?

By January 29, 2014

The percent of water in the body is not constant. (Getty Images)You've probably heard that most of the human body is water, but exactly how much water is there? The average amount of water is around 65%, but the percentage of water in one person may be quite a lot different compared with how much is in another. Age, gender, and fitness are big factors in how much water is in the body... Learn more

Comments

April 17, 2013 at 5:29 pm
(1) tracilla says:

i am really concern on how did u find that out .i take health in middle school an i had to find out this answer.may u explain to me how u found out

September 9, 2013 at 11:17 am
(2) someone who is not an idiot says:

I*
concerned*
take out did*
you*
and*
I*
have*
the*
you*
you*

you need to learn how to spell you blooming idiot.

September 17, 2013 at 11:42 am
(3) no one learns with hate says:

This person who answered sounds like a deaf person. I know this because I work with the deaf and this is a very common use of written English language. But honestly I think we should take the time to answer when we can with some sense of trying to help rather than ridicule.

September 24, 2013 at 9:45 am
(4) someone who respects people says:

you may not be an idiot but:
*you
*are
*a very
*cruel and sad creature

October 24, 2013 at 4:23 pm
(5) New to this says:

How cruel a middle school pupil is trying to find out some information to help with school work and all you can do is ridicule them. I think some one needs to get a life.

December 15, 2013 at 4:23 am
(6) another comment says:

I agree with the last person! You should have been way more understanding! Sure, people often don’t know how to spell anymore, but you can’t tell a middle school student that he or she is an idiot for not spelling correctly. Also, when you check out the grammar, it seems like the kid is foreign too. So next time, before you write a comment like that, be more understanding and helping than discouraging!

January 7, 2014 at 12:30 pm
(7) Cynicism. says:

I love how everyone complained about the first guy, but no one actually helped. How ironic.

January 17, 2014 at 9:27 am
(8) silvereagle says:

The person who works with deaf people should be working with them at all! You lake understanding of life. Your an attention seeker! You have no respect for life! Your just a bully! You have no right talking down to a kid!

February 17, 2014 at 4:53 pm
(9) OMERGURD says:

This middle school student has one job right now; to learn everything. From science, math, technology, etc. to english, grammar, critical thinking, etc.. Students need to be corrected. Remember, he/she may be a doctor in 10 years and that may not be enough time if he/she is making mistake like these.

February 17, 2014 at 5:11 pm
(10) Why can't people use correct grammar says:

*shouldn’t
*lack
*You’re
*You’re
Also, I’m pretty sure that the person who works with the deaf is not the same one correcting grammar.

March 18, 2014 at 9:09 am
(11) Nichole says:

I love how he corrected the capitalization and then made the same mistake.