Easy Homemade Shampoo Ingredients
- 1/4 cup grated soap (castile soap is a common choice)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoons glycerine
- ~5 drops essential oil (optional, for fragrance or therapeutic properties)
- Dissolve the soap in the hot water.
- Stir in the olive oil. You can substitute another vegetable oil if you like, but olive oil is generally accepted as healthy for skin and hair.
- Add the glycerine and any essential oils you might want. Typical essential oils would include lavender, peppermint, or citrus.