If you are interested in making your own shampoo, but don't want the hassle of starting absolutely from scratch, there is an easy recipe that you can try. The difference is, you use soap as an ingredient rather than making your own. This is safer, quicker, and easier.
Easy Homemade Shampoo Ingredients
- 1/4 cup grated soap (castile soap is a common choice)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoons glycerine
- ~5 drops essential oil (optional, for fragrance or therapeutic properties)
- Dissolve the soap in the hot water.
- Stir in the olive oil. You can substitute another vegetable oil if you like, but olive oil is generally accepted as healthy for skin and hair.
- Add the glycerine and any essential oils you might want. Typical essential oils would include lavender, peppermint, or citrus.